Forms 1099-MISC - DUE JANUARY 31ST

Forms 1099-MISC are required to be issued by businesses, farmers, non-profit organizations and landlords that pay independent contractors, landlords or law firms over $600 for services or rents (not goods or merchandise) to any single provider in the past year.  Forms 1099-MISC are due to the IRS by January 31st .  If you would like my help in preparing these forms please complete the spreadsheet at the "1099 Information Sheet" button link below and return to me via my client portal (please request a link to my portal and I will send it to you).  I have also included an example of a completed spreadsheet.

Please see the PDF flier on this page for more information on the Form 1099 filing requirements.

If preparing yourself, Forms 1099-MISC can be purchased at most office supply stores.  They can also be completed and filed electronically using providers online.  I suggest for filing online. 

Here's a link to the IRS's page on Forms 1099 -

Please note that payments that you made to corporations are excluded from 1099 requirement with the exception of corporations that provide legal services.

Please also note that payments that individuals made related to their principal residence or personal property do not need to prepare or file Forms 1099.

For those using Older Versions of Excel - Please use the buttons below

Contact Us

Wehner Tax & Accounting, Inc.

Hours: M-Th 8am - 5pm

          Fridays 8am-noon
Tel:        530-908-1761

Fax:        530-231-0284

Address2744 Del Rio Place, Suite 110

             Davis, CA  95618

Mailing Address:

2744 Del Rio Place, Ste. 200

Davis, CA  95618

Memberships & Affiliations

© 2016 by Wehner Accounting & Tax