top of page

Items Potentially Needed for Extension (some may not apply)

- Form(s) W-2 (wages, etc.)

- Form(s) 1099 (interest, dividends, stock sales, unemployment comp., retirement distributions etc.)

- Schedule(s) K-1 (from partnerships, limited liability companies, estates, trusts, S corporations, etc.). If K-1’s have not been received please provide me with an estimate(s) of taxable income for each entity.

- Form(s) 1098 (mortgage interest) and property tax statements - Closing/escrow statements from sale(s) of real estate (sometimes referred to as HUD-1)

- Form 1095-A if health insurance coverage was purchased through Covered California (aka the exchange).

- Profit and loss statements or an estimate of business profit.

- List of estimated payments made to the IRS & CA for the tax year (normally paid with Forms 1040-ES & 540-ES. List amounts paid and dates paid.


- Any purchases that generated credits (e.g. solar & electric vehicles)? If so, what were the dollar amounts spent on solar or which vehicle did you purchase?
- All other supporting documents you feel may be needed
* If next year’s taxes will be dramatically different, please let me know what is changing so I can prepare next year's estimates in line with your estimated income for next year

- If you are a new client please send me your prior year’s Federal & State returns.

- Below are options for getting information to me:

***Please note if information is not provided I will assume your income, deductions, withholdings & credits are similar to the prior year***

bottom of page